[nos-bbs] Kam-xl/kiss problem solved and...

jerome schatten romers at shaw.ca
Tue Nov 15 22:06:05 EST 2005

Hi again -- here's an update:

The kam-XL in kiss mode problem went away when I flashed the latest
version of the firmware.  And... Maiko's installer/binary is running
flawlessly, even with the addition of netrom, smtp, arp, etc., plus a
second radio port. the 'tun0' interface works real slick too.

The setup here at VE7ASS is a p133 w 96 meg ram, 20 gig drive. OS is
Slackware 10.0. Data engine on uhf; Kam + alinco-599R on vhf.

I was having a problem with an old mfj 1270 on the vhf port dropping out
of jnos and back to the command line, with the jnos2 compiled binary
(but not with jnos1.11), but that has stopped for some reason, and seems
to be stable now.

Thanks to all who responded on-list and privately about the kiss problem
and to Maiko who was helping me as well.

jerome - va7vv
Vancouver