[nos-bbs] RF crash victim

George (Skip) VerDuin k8rra at ameritech.net
Wed Nov 16 15:48:35 EST 2005

an FYI:

I believe I may have found a crash bug for jnos2.0d distribution...

Here is an example UI that is always followed by a jnos crash on a
virgin install.  From the trace file:
Wed Nov 16 14:45:02 2005 - vhf recv:
KISS: Port 0 Data
AX25: WB8I->BEACON v PIX UI pid=Text
0000  !4321.37N/08629.09W$ Lakeside, Muskegon, MI

The above is the only UI with:     "!location$"
I have not done a traceback on the corpse (yet), and I hope the (bug?)
might be isolated without a dump?
What I can say is that it is predictable and repeatable (three times)...

Another curious effect is that the trace log is duplicated at the moment
of the crash.  My logs (3 examples) have an even quantity of entries,
half of them being unique.  It appears the trace buffer is written twice
- perhaps as a result of "garbage collection" by the host?

Is there confirmation by others for this?

THANKS!
Skip