[nos-bbs] help kam-xl in kiss mode

maiko at pcs.mb.ca maiko at pcs.mb.ca
Mon Nov 14 23:44:31 EST 2005

Hi Jaye,

> once in KISS mode, the lights will no longer function ...

The lights function with any TNCs that I've had ever had in kiss
mode. My Tiny II for instance shows PTT light when port is keyed
by computer, it shows STA (standby) when tnc gets data from the
computer that nees to be sent out. It shows CON (connect) if an
incoming packet from the radio is successfully decoded by the
tnc. The DCD is always on if there is a signal present.

A couple of my KPC units have done the same in kiss mode, as
has my MFJ 1270 units.

Of course, make sure the baud rate in your 'attach asy ...'
matches that used when you had your terminal connected to
the TNC. After you have put your tnc in kiss mode, when you
exit the terminal, don't let the terminal issue any hangup
signals or anything. Just exit the terminal plain and simple.

Maiko