[nos-bbs] help kam-xl in kiss mode

jerome schatten romers at shaw.ca
Mon Nov 14 22:32:34 EST 2005

Jaye Inabnit ke6sls wrote:

Hi Jave and thanks for your note.  I think there really is a problem, as
it's not keying the radio in kiss mode at all, and it is keying it in
terminal mode. That indicates that the cables are ok, and that the radio
can be keyed, and the serial port is ok (rx works in kiss).

I'm thinking that something is holding DCD hi or some other kiss
parameter isn't set correctly.  In kiss mode my mfj tnc tx led still
works, as does DCD.

The other thing I'm not sure of, since I've never used the Kam in kiss
mode, is whether the panel leds blink three times after kiss is set and
a reset is given, as it does on the mfj's.  This XL shows no such
indication.

Best,
jerome - va7vv