[nos-bbs] The *marketing* of JNOS 2.0 - new banner page ...

Andre v Schayk andre at pe1rdw.demon.nl
Thu Jul 14 15:32:24 EDT 2005

maiko at pcs.mb.ca schreef:

>Good morning to all,
>
>In the interests of better *marketing* the JNOS *product*, I have put
>a banner page on the main JNOS 2.0 site, so that first time visitors get
>a much better idea of what this stuff can be used for.
>
>Comments / Criticism more than welcome (fire extinguisher is ready)
>
>The next step is to create a more user friendly "install.exe" process
>for those that have NEVER used any of the NOS variants before. I actually
>have a document from last September 2004 that gives a complete runtime
>environment for new users (check my NOSaprs page if interested), but even
>that document and environment gets a bit too technical for first time
>users. The idea is to have an install process that will do *everything*
>for the user, such as create the directory and file structures, prompt
>user for key configuration parameters, and then build all the files
>automatically. The whole idea is to get first time users away from
>the need to 'vi autoexec.nos' and that other *complicated* stuff.
>
>More down the road ...
>
>Maiko Langelaar / VE4KLM

I once tried kipg nosinst2k to setup a basic nos install to expand on
dos and with thier instructions under win98.
It is a workable tool that can be prepared for local conditions to setup
a base for new users in your area.
http://www.gb7iph.demon.co.uk/AR_Soft/arsoft.html has all the info on
that project.

73 de Andre PE1RDW