[nos-bbs] fighting outgoing smtp

maiko at pcs.mb.ca maiko at pcs.mb.ca
Tue Jul 5 08:49:34 EDT 2005

> can't seem to get jnos to unqueu the mail that has to go out to
> the smtp gateway.

What's the smtp timer set to ?

run 'smtp trace 10', then 'smtp kick', what do the logs show ?

> set to pe1rdw.ampr.org but smtp mail is only queued.

Perhaps smtp.wanadoo.nl is not liking the fact that you
are an ampr.org station. When you talk to them, are you
looking like a 44 address to them ? If you choose to use
a 'commercial' ISP, I recommend you masquerade the smtp
so that it looks like it's coming from a 'commercial'
ip address. That 'guarantees' delivery.

> I have set smtp gateway  smtp.wanadoo.nl and smtp usemx off

Sounds good.

> Anyone got an idea ?

You are running the smtp right ? (ie, 'start smtp').

Maiko