[nos-bbs] Nos improvments, interfacing to Winlink...

Bill Vodall wa7nwp at jnos.org
Wed Jan 26 13:46:35 EST 2005

> I got the connect, but NO DATA ! I would say that JNOS has somehow
> managed to trigger this. I've attached some debug information to this,
> which I will forward to the AirMail author. If any of you know the
> author, feel free to forward this information to him as well.

Any chance you've looked at the new compression scheme they're using?  It
would be another big step if we could also use the F1B compression that
Winlink, and I'm guessing AIRMAIL, is using.

All this chat and some of my local on the air activity has me curious to try JNOS
to Winlink by the TelPack client interface.   Since it uses the simple SP/LM/RM commands
it should be close to working.   The only trick part that might take some tweaking of
the code is the sending of regular Email via Winlink.  That requires the format:

  sp smtp:wa7nwp at jnos.org

There are two potential interfaces to Winlink here.   AX25 to a Telpac(_node on linux) or
Telnet to their servers at port 12001.   The Telnet path is actually what's provided by telpac_node.
Source code is available so we might be able to put telpack_node right in to NOS.

 73,
Bill - WA7NWP

PS.   Here's an old posting on telpac_node:

---