[nos-bbs] NOSAPRS Digipeating

Bill Vodall WA7NWP wa7nwp at jnos.org
Mon Apr 25 20:30:20 EDT 2005

Oops.  Lets try this again only to NOS-BBS instead of Yahoo this time:

Bill

---- Msg1 ---

The JNOSAPRS digi isn't "finished."   :-)

WIDE2(-0) packets are retransmitted as WIDE2-15...

Another thought..  Do we have the TRACE mode that's
the standard of the new Paradigm?  So paths extend:

  WA7NWP>AP,WIDE2-2
  WA7NWP>AP,AC7YY-2*,WIDE2-1
  WA7NWP>AP,AC7YY-2,KA7PBI*

Kantronics would show the last line as:

  WA7NWP>AP,AC7YY-2,KA7PBI*,WIDE2

UI-DIGI has a bug and would digipeat the last line

  WA7NWP>AP,AC7YY-2,KA7PBI*,VE4ABC*

Also in the paradigm it's important to trap some paths and
not handle them.  For example:  WIDE4, WIDE5, and WIDE6.

How's this for a can of worms?

Bill

--- Msg2 ---

> The JNOSAPRS digi isn't "finished."   :-)
>
> WIDE2(-0) packets are retransmitted as WIDE2-15...

And....

We need to add in callsign substitution.  It's a pretty basic
component of the new scheme.

Ok.  I know I should be doing this myself -- that's the drawback of
having open source.  It's on the list.

--- Msg3 ---

More data:

Here's the start:

 KC7WKO>TU2QTR,N7QXO-9*,WIDE2-2,

>From a linux box monitoring my stations activity.   It sees what I do and
the built in digi_ned doesn't respond to the trailing WIDE2.

 aprs: fm KC7WKO to TU2QTR via N7QXO-9* SOMTN* OLY* WIDE2 ctl UIv pid=F0(Text) len 15 17:17:53

NOSAPRS, picks up the WIDE2, decrements and restransmits it:

 aprs: fm KC7WKO to TU2QTR via N7QXO-9* SOMTN* OLY* WIDE2-15 ctl UIv pid=F0(Text)  len 15 17:17:54