[nos-bbs] RE:Works for one connect - then dies.

Gary gary at muddydog.net
Sun Nov 28 22:30:54 EST 2004

>> Here's the error message:
>>
>> jnos> asy_tx(0): ax0 write error 5, shutting down

>That suggests an IO error when trying to talk to the
>pseudo-tty device used in the slip connection.

Maiko

I don't have the slip interface configured yet since I want to get the serial/tnc/radio working first.

>1) Is this consistent from the start of JNOS running ?

No. I only get the error message now and then.

I always get an AX25 connect and always on the second request, I get the initial '>' prompt, JNOS hears the RR from the calling station but never answers any requests - I have to restart JNOS for it to hear the serial port again. The software isn't hung and seems Ok except for not hearing the port. Dmesg indicates the serial port is as it should be and using setserial doesn't make a difference.

Possibly someone could post an excerpt from their autoexec that they have working that shows the serial, TNC setup and what would be required to get at least an AX25 connect - especially if their using RH9

I have tried two TNC's and two machines with the same results. The hardware works 100% in AX25 mode with Minicom. I'm sure I'm missing something simple in my configuration.

Thanks
Gary KN4RY