[nos-bbs] RE:Works for one connect - then dies.

maiko at pcs.mb.ca maiko at pcs.mb.ca
Sun Nov 28 23:20:10 EST 2004

Hi Gary,

> I don't have the slip interface configured yet ...

Oops ! Bad is me. I should read things a bit more
thoroughly before jumping to conclusions. That asy_tx()
message applies to any ASYNC device (ie, TNC or MODEM)
which is attached to a serial port.

In either event, the error 5 denotes an IO error of some
type when NOS tries to write to the TNC or MODEM. Perhaps
a bad or intermittent connection ? Or maybe flow control
parameters are not set quite right ?

Here is my attach command and params for my PacComm TINY-2
tnc running a kiss (actually SMACK 1.3 eprom). I've used this
for along time, and I can't complain. Serial port is 9600 baud.

#
# Kiss (AX25) Interface to TINY-2 running SMACK eprom
#
# make sure this is the last attach of any interface or
# else the default ax25 routing goes wierd on you ...
#
attach asy ttyS1 - ax25 430 4096 256 9600 f
ifconfig 430 description "rf port on 145.01 Mhz"
#
param 430 1 0
param 430 2 256 # 128
param 430 3 1