[nos-bbs] JNOS 2.0a - status report and update

larry larry at solvnetmail.net
Wed Dec 1 06:50:56 EST 2004

Bob Tenty wrote:

> Hi Larry,
>

> I use the openvpn (openvpn.sourceforge.net) implementation of TUN/TAP
> for linux and XP.
>
> Maiko wrote me that it's located for kernel 2.4 in
>
>   /usr/src/linux-2.4.22/include/linux/if_tun.h
>   /usr/include/linux/if_tun.h
>
> The vtun (vtun.sourceforge.net) source package what can be compiled
> for kernel 2.2 has also if_tun.h but I never installed that package as
> I was
> afraid for compatibility issues with openvpn.
>
> vtun has no package for windows XP
>
> The tun devices for kernel 2.4  are /dev/net/tunX but still /dev/tunX
> for 2.2 so it wouldn't work anyhow I think.
>

> 73,
>
> Bob VE3TOK
>

> Hello Bob,
>
> Just a thought, did you try using make clean before you tried to use
> the make command...???
>
> I myself just finished compiling the latest version, and it went very
> well...
>
> Larry
>
>--
>Powered by Debian/GNU/Linux
>by Libranet ver 2.8
>73 de Larry/wd9esu
>ICQ# 6221703

Hi Bob,

Thanks for the info, I did not have tunneling on my Debian 2.4.26
system, so I downloaded openvpn off of sourceforge,  I now have Openvpn
2.0_beta17...Also I do not run Windows XP here only Linux...

Now to figure out how to setup VPN,  hope it has a config script,  I'll
take a look to see what it has installed here on my system..

Are you using two computers or just one...???

Thanks for the reply...

Larry