[nos-bbs] JNOS 2.0a - status report and update

Bob Tenty bobtenty at sympatico.ca
Wed Dec 1 01:18:15 EST 2004

Hi Larry,

I use the openvpn (openvpn.sourceforge.net) implementation of TUN/TAP
for linux and XP.

Maiko wrote me that it's located for kernel 2.4 in

  /usr/src/linux-2.4.22/include/linux/if_tun.h
  /usr/include/linux/if_tun.h

The vtun (vtun.sourceforge.net) source package what can be compiled
for kernel 2.2 has also if_tun.h but I never installed that package as I was
afraid for compatibility issues with openvpn.

vtun has no package for windows XP

The tun devices for kernel 2.4  are /dev/net/tunX but still /dev/tunX
for 2.2 so it wouldn't work anyhow I think.

73,

Bob VE3TOK

Hello Bob,

Just a thought, did you try using make clean before you tried to use the make command...???

I myself just finished compiling the latest version, and it went very well...

Larry