[hfsig] soliciting advice regarding 30m HAT

Bruce Raymond bruce at raymondtech.net
Sun Feb 10 21:35:26 EST 2019

Hi Chris,

On 40m the second harmonic is -23 dBc and the third harmonic is -44 dBc.
With 200 mW that's about 1 mW for the second harmonic. Not perfect, but
not likely to cause too much interference, especially as the 40m second
harmonic doesn't fall in the 20m WSPR subband.

Hi Bryan,

The problem with WSPR and the Pi 3+ board is incompatible software in
the current build (wiringPi and WsprryPi don't recognize the Pi 3+).
I've put together a new build using Raspbian Stretch instead of Jesse
and the updated versions of wiringPi and WsprryPi and am in the process
of checking it out (been out of town last week ...). We'll put it up on
the TAPR website as an experimental build to try out. I don't have a Pi
3+ to verify it with, so I'm hoping that you'll check it out. I'm still
working on fixing a couple of bugs. I'll keep you apprised of my progress.

73 Bruce/ND8I