[hfsig] soliciting advice regarding 30m HAT

KB3CS - Chris kb3cs at arrl.net
Sun Feb 10 20:56:45 EST 2019

yes, i know it will put a signal out on the airwaves on 40m if you ask it
to ... but i'd prefer knowing if the harmonic emission is too strong to be
permissible without getting a QRPLabs transmit filter first.

i started off with a 3B+ with rpitx already installed and tested, so
instead of using the WWoT image, i loop mounted it and made a tar file of
the user directory, then extracted that in a working directory on my Pi. if
you're having boot problems, you may have to carefully check the partition
table to see if you've gotten bitten by the "GB or GiB" problem - not all
"32G" SDCards (for instance) have the same number of bytes in total. for
example, i got a SDCard from Elektor with a Raspbian image on it and it had
an impossible partition table (more blocks defined than the total number of
block available on the device). had to work out how to resize a filesystem,
then write a sensible (and correct) partition table.

 - \0111 -