[hfsig] New to the list....

Jack Chomley radio at irock.com.au
Wed Dec 27 07:02:18 EST 2006

Hi Murray,

Thanks for the reply, yes I downloaded your software and will have a look
at it. I will need to make the interface and get it going. The reason I
originally looked for the mailbox type solution is for my  motorcycle is, I
did a trip in South Africa last year and had no comms with me. I was
intending to put together va portable Pactor/HF packet setup with my ICOM
703 10 watt radio, this means I can use a PDA to send and read mail
only,  from my SCS PTC-IIex  DSP TNC. Carrying a laptop on a BMW R1150GS
motorcycle off-road,  is a big ask :-) not to mention the mailbox system
will always be "on" while the bike is mobile etc. The power budget also
needs to cover a laptop, which would be hard on the machine's 14 amp hour
battery.
So now you have some history on the statements in my initial post etc. By
the way, the DSP TNC is very good at resolving noisy signals......,far
better than my old TNC-320 of yesteryear!

73s

Jack VK4JRC