[aprssig] Davis Vantage Vue and RF APRS

Greg Troxel gdt at lexort.com
Thu Feb 23 18:25:44 EST 2023

Jason Rausch <jason at ke4nyv.com> writes:

>> From what I remember that was one of the selling points of a Peet
>> Brothers Weather station over Davis.
>
> Yes, I agree and that's why I own Peet stations.  The guy I'm trying
> to help already has the Davis online feeding CWOP and he is feeding
> APRS-IS.  That's how I found him.  I approached him about getting it
> on the RF side and he's onboard.  I just have to come up with a
> solution to help him do that.

I would suggest asking on the weewx user list.  The weewx code to post
to CWOP actually creates a packet that would be sent to a TNC2 and then
connects over TCP and sends a login string and then the packet.
Sending the raw string to another program  that sends it out a TNC does
not seem hard and I bet someone has done it.

See weewx/restx.py in the code.