[aprssig] Davis Vantage Vue and RF APRS

bob evinger wd9eka at evinger.net
Thu Feb 23 10:38:02 EST 2023

I switched away from Davis after my Davis weather station failed of old
age.  Have been using an Ambient Weather station for a little over a year.

I had written my own custom Davis weather poller through that serial
device and used it for i am thinking 10-15 years.  Davis does have an
API document describing the commands. It is not exactly a modern
interface.  I wrote mine in C.

If you are wanting to interact with it, at least 15 years ago i didnt
have to jump through any hoops to get Davis to send me the documentation
on it. I looked and couldnt readily find it. I still have the C code but
not sure i would share that even with someone i didnt like. I wrote it
for my use only and this much time elapsed apparently  i didnt like
myself :)

bob/wd9eka