[aprssig] ARRL

MJ Inabnit ke6sls at arrl.net
Tue Feb 14 00:44:22 EST 2023

I have typically had outstanding correspondence & dealings with our
league, the ARRL.  Everything from technical exchanges to requesting
assistance with our local club operations.  I know that most of these
folks are working in a mostly voluntary capacity which I find
extraordinary.

QST is how I learned about amateur radio.  I'd buy the rag at a local
store and read with fascination all the articles, and try to decipher
the esoteric language.  It was, and is, a delightful magazine.  I am
perpetually educated, even after 30 years of hamming.

The current problem is a complicated one.  I'll be buggered if I am
going to kick the ARRL in the teeth over this.  They've been doing
amazing work supporting amateur radio and resisting political &
financial challenges to remove amateurs from the radio spectrum for over
100 years.  The ARRL is the *only* viable force pushing to ensure I have
the right to be a ham.

If I had not become disabled, I would've enjoyed becoming a life member.
 I am and will always be grateful to all those who are/were able to
devote years of their lives in service to the amateur radio service.

73
Jaye ke6sls

--

wishing you well
Jaye, ke6sls--via the toshiba w/thunderchicken