[aprssig] Open Source/Commercial Use acceptable APRS Alternative?

wa7skg wa7skg at wa7skg.com
Mon Aug 7 22:22:01 EDT 2023

I stand (OK, sit) corrected. OpenTRAC was not from Australia. SARTrack
is from New Zealand and is alive and well and has developed into a
significant resource management suite.
https://www.sartrack.co.nz/

It looks like this may be something like the OP was looking for.

It looks like OpenTRAC may have been an idea to "fix" APRS as a lot of
what it wanted to accomplish is in today's APRS protocol. It looks like
it was kind of a "flash-in-the-pan" thing and has fallen by the wayside.

Michael WA7SKG