[aprssig] Open Source/Commercial Use acceptable APRS Alternative?

wa7skg wa7skg at wa7skg.com
Mon Aug 7 21:48:02 EDT 2023

IIRC, OpenTRAC was something going on in Australia. There was an
offshoot SARTrac used for Search and Rescue operations that is still
used in some areas. There are a few SAR teams around here that use
SARTrac on both amateur and public safety frequencies (not the standard
APRS channels) to keep track of search teams and put them up on big
screens at the search base.

Michael WA7SKG