[aprssig] SmartBeaconing implementation wanted

Scott Miller scott at opentrac.org
Fri Jul 29 15:20:51 EDT 2022

There's the C implementation from my Tracker3 series, but it was
originally written for an 8-bit MCU and uses globals. Frankly I don't
think it's worth implementing for use on the playa. I'd probably just do
a stationary beacon rate and a faster moving beacon rate. In 2014 we put
trackers on all of the medical support vehicles, using 9600 baud on the
70 cm band, and they all had accelerometers to tell them when to wake up
and turn on the GPS receiver. Only problem with that was that when the
wind would get really strong it'd rock the vehicles around enough to
trigger the motion sensors and some of the batteries ran down earlier
than expected. A bike shouldn't have that problem.

Be sure to stop by 4:00 & F sometime. Here's my current project, albeit
with only half of the LEDs installed: https://youtu.be/nXHu47XfdKc

Scott
N1VG