[aprssig] SmartBeaconing implementation wanted

Tom Russo russo at bogodyn.org
Fri Jul 29 21:02:14 EDT 2022

On Fri, Jul 29, 2022 at 12:07:30PM -0700, we recorded a bogon-computron collision of the <jgorkos at gmail.com> flavor, containing:
> Does anyone have a link to any C/C++ code that implements the complete
> SmartBeaconing algo??? It's for a non-commercial, personal project.?? End
> product is a tracker for my bike at Burning Man, using 915MHz LORA as the
> phy channel.?? Target hardware is a Heltec HTCC-AB02S.
> Appropriate attribution will be provided, but I really don't plan on
> republishing the code.?? I just don't want some hippy taking off with my new
> electric bike without a way to hunt him down.

There is a C implementation in Xastir.  GPLed, feel free to use in any
license-compatible manner (such as you have already described) if it is useful.

See
https://github.com/Xastir/Xastir/blob/master/src/db.c
around line 16045 (where the comments for function "compute_smart_beacon"
begin --- function itself is at line 16135)

--
Tom Russo    KM5VY
Tijeras, NM