[aprssig] Beacon too often

Joseph M. Durnal joseph.durnal at gmail.com
Wed Jan 19 07:30:52 EST 2022

While 15 seconds seems excessive in most cases, there isn't one size fits
all appropriate beacon rate.  A good place to start is:

Every minute the packet goes DIRECT path (no digi)
Every 2nd minute it goes via WIDE1-1 path
Every 4th minute it goes via WIDE1-1,WIDE2-1
Every 8th minute it goes via WIDE1-1,WIDE2-2

I really don't understand what you  mean by every 10 minutes and
smartbeaconing, there should be several settings when you configure
smartbeaconing (slow, fast, angle, slope time), not a single minute timer.

73 de Joe NE3R