[aprssig] Eliciting mic-e at the end of a voice transmission?

Robert Bruninga bruninga at usna.edu
Sat Nov 14 05:21:53 EST 2020

PTT mode was the original great idea of APRS!....  So people only needed
one radio and could be tracked on any voice rpeeater that picked the data
off the voice repeater input.

But then Kenwood came out with a dual-band radio so that voice and data
could be used simultaneously and the great idea of hidden APRS data on
voice repeaters was superfluous and hardly  ever used.   Bob, WB4APR