[aprssig] Eliciting mic-e at the end of a voice transmission?

Stephen H Smith WA8LMF2 at aol.com
Sat Nov 14 00:46:38 EST 2020

On 11/14/2020 12:18 AM, carcarx at gmail.com wrote:
> Is there a way, with either the Kenwood or the Yaesu APRS capable radios, to
> elicit a Mic-e "trailer" at the end of a voice transmission?
>
> Thanks!
> Craig/KH6CP

I don't know about the Yaesus, but all the Kenwoods have this capability.  In
the setup menus, in the APRS area, you have a choice of automatic beacons (most
common), manual or Mic-E bursts at the end of voice transmissions.

Stephen H. Smith    wa8lmf (at) aol.com
Skype:        WA8LMF
EchoLink:  Node #  14400  [Think bottom of the 2-meter band]
Home Page:          http://wa8lmf.net

-----   NEW!    60-Meter APRS!   HF NVIS APRS Igate Now Operating ------
    <http://wa8lmf.ddns.net:14447/>

Flying Digipeater!
    <http://WA8LMF.net/FlyingDigi>

11 Copies of UIview in Action on One Computer!
Live Off-The-Air APRS Activity Maps
    <http://wa8lmf.net/map>

Long-Range APRS on 30 Meters HF
    <http://wa8lmf.net/aprs/HF_APRS_Notes.htm>