[aprssig] list of APRS software somewhere?

Steve K0STK k0stk at arrl.net
Thu Dec 31 15:49:18 EST 2020

Ron VE8RT said:

>When it comes to features including bulletins, messages, and more, is
>there reasonably well documented software that makes this easy to do,
>edit, and update? I'm OK with menu driven software.

The info.aprs.net wiki included a software list.
https://web.archive.org/web/20190429033750/http://info.aprs.net:80/index.php?title=Main_Page

Xastir is the most complete APRS client I know of. It implements
bulletins, messaging, object generation, etc.
https://xastir.org/index.php/Main_Page

APRS Bulletins and objects for our club (under the call-sign W0ILO) are
generated by a Makefile (using m4, remind, and other unixy bits) and are
sent by a perl script via the aprx beacon exec feature; probably not
what you had in mind.

>And is there a good pdf or doc file online like APRS101 but reasonably
>current?

APRS101 is the only preformatted document file I can find online.

APRS SPEC Addendum 1.1
http://www.aprs.org/aprs11.html
Completed and approved in July 2004
Last updated 3 Nov 2011

APRS SPEC Addendum 1.2 Proposals
http://www.aprs.org/aprs12.html
Last updated 28 Apr 2020 (see "Spec Additions" section)

Steve K0STK // k0stk at arrl.net