[aprssig] Proposal for APRS12 spec fix - Telemetry should allow for 000-999

spam8mybrain spam8mybrain at yahoo.com
Tue Apr 28 16:29:22 EDT 2020

Just as an observation, I coded receipt of telemetry messages in YAAC to accept floating point for the 5 analog fields, because I had so many errors reported from people sending telemetry messages like that. That code was like that from the first time I added support for telemetry messages in 2013, so floating point telemetry packets have been around since before then.So, IMHO, it's long past time to accept we're no longer limited to the capabilities of 40-year-old 8-bit microprocessors. And any 40-year-old 8-bit microprocessor APRS stations aren't going to be analyzing the contents of received telemetry packets anyway.Andrew Pavlin, KA2DDOauthor of YAAC