[aprssig] Denver APRS saturation?

Robert Bruninga bruninga at usna.edu
Thu Jun 20 19:24:22 EDT 2019

A user reported poor APRS performance after moving from Maryland to Denver.

I just took a look at APRS.fi at Denver within the range of just two 12,000
foot digis and I cannot believe the system works at all.  There are
hundreds of users in the same footprint of those digis.

No wonder the performance is so poor!

Have the digi operators done anything in the area to restrict hops like we
did in Los Angles a decade ago?  Back then, the solution was to force every
digi to be ONE HOP ONLY.

Is anyone working on this problem out there?

Bob, WB4APR