[aprssig] failure with some new aprs apps using aprs text

spam8mybrain spam8mybrain at yahoo.com
Tue Jun 18 13:32:53 EDT 2019

Stripping the SSID won't work because now you're identifying a different station under the same callsign (the whole point of the SSID mechanism). Note that comment text means exactly that: a random comment. That's why the tocall is important (if Mic-E packets aren't being used), because users rarely change it from the factory setting (if it even can be changed), and such tocalls identify the software or hardware in use.

Note that similar stuff occurs with SSID -63 for some of the APRS users using a different modulation scheme.