[aprssig] Denver APRS saturation?

Bud Talbot W0RMT.1 at gmail.com
Thu Jun 20 22:10:14 EDT 2019

Bob-

as a resident of the Denver-Boulder metro area, I can confirm the poor APRS
network reports. We had a third high site digi about 8-10 years ago on Mt
Thorodin (a great site) , but after that one was lost (not sure why) and
with the increase in population the network has suffered. We have many
RX-only i-gates to fill in gating, but I'm not aware of any coordinated
effort to improve the network digipeaters. Then again, I've never reached
out to the digi sysops to inquire, so I'm not sure if they are working on
it or not.

N0NHJ is the call on the Bakerville digi (BVILLE) which receives a lot
(most?) of the Denver traffic, except those closer to the foothills as they
are shadowed for that site. I do not know him nor have I talked to him.
We've got a couple of digis down lower (like N2XGL-5 up near me) but again
I do not know if they have coordinated their efforts.

Hopefully somebody else from our area who is better connected can shed some
light on the subject?

73 de Bud
W0RMT
Robert (Bud) M. Talbot III
W0RMT
DMR: Brandmeister TG 31088, 31084
NXDN: 8328 on TG 31088
P25: 31088
YSF: 99256, 18262
DSTAR: XRF303B/D
APRS: W0RMT-3, -5, -7, -9, -11
FM voice in Denver/Boulder area: 145.310 (Colorado Connection
<http://www.colcon.org/index.html>), 146.700, or 146.760
303-668-1322