[aprssig] Multi control station situational awareness - (kenwoods)

Robert Bruninga bruninga at usna.edu
Wed Dec 4 13:35:01 EST 2019

Going from memory (always dangerous), I think the D700 used FLAT audio
tones – no preemphasis, no-demphasis for best discriminator performance.

But most home built systems just connect to Speaker audio (deemphasized)
and Mic input (emphasized) which changes tone balance by + and – 6dB
compared to flat audio.

The D710, I think compromised from flat audio a bit to maybe include 3 dB
of tone skew to improve performajnce with slapped together TNC radio combos…

Bob