[aprssig] APRS destination for Anytone equipments??

Stephen H. Smith wa8lmf2 at aol.com
Wed Aug 14 08:08:38 EDT 2019

On 8/14/2019 5:01 AM, Rafa - EB2DJB wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I'm Rafa EB2DJB, an APRS freaky in Spain.
>
> As you know, the Anytone DMR handy (AT-D878D) can act as a APRS tracker,
> sending it's position at (EU) 144.800 Mhz.
>
> But, it has not assigned a "destination call" for the beacons.
>
> Yaesu, Kenwood and others have a special call to send the gps beacons, so any
> application knows that this is sent by a particular equipment.
>
> Now I've configured it, to send to the same destination as the APRSDroid APP,
> so it's detected like if I were sending from the refered APP.

Any string of up to 6 letters and numbers will work, as long as they begin with
AP .    The strings for specific software  and/or hardware are assigned by  Bob
Bruninga WB4APR (the founder of APRS).   It is up to the programmer or
manufacturer to contact Bob for a new destination call.  Some do not do this.

Without an "official" destination call issued by Bob, I would suggest something
like  AP878    or  APA878    for now.

Stephen H. Smith    wa8lmf (at) aol.com
Skype:        WA8LMF
EchoLink:  Node #  14400  [Think bottom of the 2-meter band]
Home Page:          http://wa8lmf.net

Live Off-The-Air APRS Activity Maps
    <http://wa8lmf.net/map>

Long-Range APRS on 30 Meters HF