[aprssig] NWS Warnings for GORDON

Pete Loveall AE5PL Lists hamlists at ametx.com
Mon Sep 3 13:19:46 EDT 2018

If you look at https://alerts.weather.gov/cap/fl.php?x=1 you will see there are no Immediate, Actual warnings; only Expected, Actual.  Therefore the NWS considers these "Warnings" as "Expected" weather events, not warranting immediate notification of severe weather.  This has been the criteria for creating APRS weather notifications since I took over inserting them many years ago after Dale shut down his weather server.  This tighter criteria was don so APRS notifications would be of the most use to weather spotters without overloading local APRS frequencies.

These "warnings" are available via many avenues for the "casual" observer and don't, IMHO, require tying up local RF frequencies for information that regards non-threatening weather.

Hope this helps.

73,

Pete Loveall AE5PL
pete at ae5pl dot net