[aprssig] Argent Data Systems

Steve Dimse steve at dimse.com
Tue Sep 4 11:06:00 EDT 2018

Anyone heard anything from Scott Miller at Argent in the last couple weeks?

A few of us were working on chasing bugs on his new Tracker 4, and after an update that bricked all of our units forcing us to return them for reprogramming Scott suddenly disappeared from email and his forum, nothing heard for about three weeks. I haven't heard of any disaster like a wildfire in the area of Santa Maria (I'd expect to notice as I grew up a little south of him on the California coast).

And if anyone is considering a purchase I would recommend waiting, these units are not ready for prime time, crashing every few hours. A lot of potential in the Tracker 4 though, I hope it works out.

Steve K4HG