[aprssig] OT: Part 15 / Electric Vehicles

Michael Barnes barnmichael at gmail.com
Wed Nov 28 14:57:54 EST 2018

Be careful here. There is a significant difference between compliance and
certification testing. The cited exemptions are only for certification
testing, that is, you do not have to have an approved lab test your product
and certify that it complies with Part 15. The exemptions do NOT mean you
don't have to comply. You may still be cited if you violate emissions
standards.

So, yes, electric vehicles MUST COMPLY with Part 15 emissions standards.
They just do not have to submit to testing and certification.

Michael