[aprssig] AMTRAK mobile from DC to Minneapolis via Toledo Oh

Michael Pittaro mikeyp at lhrc.com
Tue Jul 17 18:14:06 EDT 2018

On Tue, Jul 17, 2018 at 5:09 AM, Eric H. Christensen <eric at aehe.us> wrote:

> That information should be on the underlying map. Why would we need to
> mark static objects like those you suggested on APRS?

​That's a fair comment - ​

​nothing I listed is either mobile, or has a reasonable status for APRS.

I guess at a deeper level, I'm just trying to understand the mapping of
object attributes to symbols. It seems to be less formal than I thought,
and is less of a classification, more of a 'convey whats appropriate at the
moment'.  I think Bob clarified that in the parallel thread.

mike