[aprssig] AMTRAK mobile from DC to Minneapolis via Toledo Oh

Karl W4KRL W4KRL at arrl.net
Tue Jul 17 09:51:26 EDT 2018

Bob,

Your list is good. I suggest adding the generic term of art “High Speed Rail” after “Bullet” that is specific to Japan.

Possible additions:

A= = Automated People Mover (fixed guideway rubber-tire systems)

I= = Incline Plane (Funicular)

G= = Gondola (aerial tramway)

N= = Nahverkehr (German for local transport) trolleys, streetcars, trams, trolleybuses

With the exception of T= for terminals, all these symbols represent distinct modes of fixed-guideway transport. All are rail transportation items that hams and the general public interact with. Other rail facilities are usually out-of-bounds for the general public and could be represented with generic building symbols.

Karl W4KRL