[aprssig] PCsensor's TEMPerHUM as WX = Possible?

Miroslav Skoric skoric at uns.ac.rs
Fri Sep 8 11:22:09 EDT 2017

Hello all,

I recently obtained a USB stick of that temperature & humidity type. But
after inserting, it does not appear as a new virtual port (such as COM8,
or ttyUSB3, or like, neither in Windows XP or in Linux). However, in
Windows it did appear as HID-compliant (Human Interface Device), and it
was possible to run its manufacturer's logging software that generates
.TXT or .CVS files.

In Linux lsusb saw it as Bus 002 Device 002: ID 0c45:7402 Microdia
TEMPerHUM Temperature & Humidity Sensor, while dmesg | grep tty did not
report it at all.

Having in mind that APRS software usually listens a WX device on a
serial port or like, I wonder if someone managed to have such kind of
stick working something useful as a 'poor-men’s WX stn in APRS.

Regards,

Misko YT7MPB