[aprssig] TNC options for satellite APRS?

Ron VE8RT ve8rt at yknwt.ca
Mon Oct 30 21:41:38 EDT 2017

Wow, thanks for all the very helpful feedback!

   I already have a (Linux) Raspberry Pi 3 that I'd installed DIREWOLF
on, but hadn't progressed much past that.  It was paired with a cheap
USB audio dongle, but I have a better quality Creative Labs SB1090 that
I haven't tried with the Linux Pi 3 yet.  I'm open to alternatives to
the Pi.

   FWIW, I'm not intimidated by component level work, be it SMT or
through hole.  My background is avionics, which included bench repairs
(until the manufacturer's put an end to most servicing outside of their
facilities).

   Internet research has taken me down quite a few rabbit trails, I had
been looking at the SCS 3070 tracker, which in turn took me down the
Robust Packet Radio side trail.

   Satellite digital, and HF APRS, are a couple of projects that I'd
explore for emcomm up here, and possibly Igates (more research
required) for HF and if it would be an asset APRS satellite passes.

   One project, seen through to implementation, at a time.

    Ron VE8RT

Ron VE8RT <ve8rt at yknwt.ca>