[aprssig] Multiple TNC's connected to one radio

al wolfe alw.k9si at gmail.com
Fri Oct 27 13:52:01 EDT 2017

Max,
Most TNCs have a pretty high impedance input, like 10k ohms or so.
This being the case, you could probably attach any number of TNCs to
the speaker line from the radio.

If you are concerned about different levels to the TNCs then a couple
of paralleled pots across the speaker output could be used to adjust
the different levels needed. Just tie all the grounds together and
feed the TNCs from the wipers of the pots.

FWIW, most of the TNCs I've dealt with were pretty forgiving regarding
input level. YMMV.

Remember K.I.S.S. The fewer items in the audio line then the fewer
things to go wrong. An audio DA is overkill IMHO.

Al, k9si