[aprssig] APRS Speed Spec? (plan B)

Robert Bruninga bruninga at usna.edu
Wed Oct 11 10:15:32 EDT 2017

My head hurts trying to read the Mic-E spec as written.

Also, I screwed up MPH and KTS in last email…

So here is what I am suggesting for the CSE/SPD field:

999 = 15,200 knots space station

998 =    1600 knots military mach 2.8

997 =    1200 knots Concorde

996 =       996 knots normal speeds down to 0

So using this same idea for Mic-E would result in

789 = 15,200 knots space station

788 =    1600 knots military mach 2.8

787 =    1200 knots Concorde

786 =       996 knots for consistency with above

785 =       785 knots normal speeds down to 0

Any objections?  About the only one we will ever use is the orbital
velocity for the space station and for satellites, but I thought we may as
well include a few more.

Bob, WB4APR