[aprssig] I-gates filtering on PID

Robert Bruninga bruninga at usna.edu
Tue Oct 3 13:27:16 EDT 2017

Once I tuned to FALCONSAT with my D710G interal modem, and using PuTTY, I
did learn that at least that TNC only passes along UI packets and APRS
packets.  This is NOT the flood I thought I would see.  It is only a packet
every few seconds.  No problem for Igating to the APRS-IS.

Of course, the RF channel is still a 100% stream of AX.25 data carrying the
BBS file data, it does not seem to be picked up by the TNC presumably due
to the difference in their PID’s.

I just do not know if all TNC’s inherently only pass the F0 PID or just
some of them.

But there is a packet every minute or so that is gyberish and locks up
PuTTY.  At least a few times per pass.  That might be a problem for most
IGates?

Bob, WB4APR