[aprssig] ​Remote weather stations

Mark Conner mconner1 at gmail.com
Fri Mar 10 13:51:23 EST 2017

In my own case, this would be useful.  I have a Davis weather station that
is connected to the internet via Meteobridge as N9XTN-3 - the Meteobridge
sends reports to APRS-IS, Weather Underground, and a couple other places.
I also have a TNC-Pi I-gate as N9XTN on the same WiFi network but not
physically close to each other.  I'd like to reverse-gate my weather
station to RF.   I think I can do that with the TNC-Pi and aprx, but
haven't looked that hard on how to do it yet.

"Normally" I would hook my weather station up to my I-gate software and let
it go out on RF directly, but I don't have a good way of doing that with my
setup and I like the Meteobridge functionality.

Whether gating arbitrary weather data to RF is a good idea would be a local
decision.

73 de Mark N9XTN