[aprssig] New Project: WHERE-IS

Lynn W. Deffenbaugh (Mr) ldeffenb at homeside.to
Thu Mar 9 11:47:06 EST 2017

Pete is correct that the base APRS message protocol for 3rd party
packets fully supports RF messaging to/from non-AX.25-compatible -SSIDs
on the APRS-IS.  The Kenwood line of APRS-capable radios fully support
this.  However Yaesu's APRS radios cannot message to non-AX.25 -SSIDs
nor will they ack messages received in 3rd party packets from such -SSIDs.