[aprssig] New Project: WHERE-IS

Pete Loveall AE5PL Lists hamlists at ametx.com
Thu Mar 9 10:11:05 EST 2017

The reason for the different SSIDs was because there were (may still be) misbehaving IGates that would not properly gate non-zero-through-15 SSIDs to RF.  The 3rd party header permits (and your D72 supports) non-numeric SSIDs in messages as long as the IGate supports non-numeric SSIDs being gated to RF.  Direct gating to RF (not using 3rd party format) is not supported by APRS-IS due to loops and other issues that occur.

Hope this helps.

73,

Pete Loveall AE5PL
pete at ae5pl dot net