[aprssig] 2 Port Digitpeater was: APRS UHF freq? (9600 baud)

Leo Edmiston-Cyr leo at raeleo.com
Fri Jan 27 18:25:40 EST 2017

I'm excited by data paths that are independent of the big business networks
that make up the internet.  I question whether or not the Internet will
always have the capacity and resiliency that it does today.  I'm not
asserting it will fail.  I just feel, personally, that the risk of not
pursuing communications systems that are independent of the commercial
Internet is too great.  Failure of the Internet would leave us without
communications over planetary and solar system scales.  I believe that
communications over distances, especially ones that can be carried out by
machines (digital modes and computers/TNCs) are a very special invention of
human endeavor that I want to do my minuscule part to preserve.

So, in short, I second that Peter N5UWY.