[aprssig] APRS Object creation (in TH-D74)

la3qma at aprs.la la3qma at aprs.la
Sat Jan 21 03:10:14 EST 2017

Den 20.01.2017 16:35, skrev Robert Bruninga:
> Great work with APRS and situational objects.
>
> Finally with the TH-D74 we Can do objects!
>
> Someone reported that they had to manually eneter the object position.
>  I hope that is not the case.  The radio shold insert the PRESENT
> position as the default for the object, since that is usually where
> you are standing and seeing the situation.  You can bump up or down
> the hundredths for every 20 meters north/south/east or west of where
> you are.   Bob

You have to manually enter the position.

It's possible to store a few positions but no way to copy the GPS
position in to these settings.

For your static position i.e home, work you can use the GPS position
For the "waypoint/mark" you can use the GPS position
The object function should have the same but also possible to manually
enter the position.

So Kenwood need to get the same function for the new and great object
method in to the next firmware.

Kai Gunter
LA3QMA