[aprssig] New IGate Operator

Paul Bramscher pfbram at comcast.net
Thu Jan 5 21:07:59 EST 2017

I rarely ever setup IS->RF either, not wanting to use up electricity,
keep my rig too warm, create too much local RF traffic, etc.

I'm not principally opposed to it, though, it would be a sort of an
EchoLinky APRS.  In that realm, numerous internet<->radio permutations
exist as par for the course.

Maybe it would be an interesting alternate RF network, perhaps
standardized on a freq. other than 144.390 though due to noise.  But as
mobile internet becomes more pervasive, this would begin to negate
hypothetical benefits of cross-band repeating, so to speak.

The WX3in1 looks like a pretty interesting device, I'll have to look
more into it.

73, KD0KZE / Paul