[aprssig] IGate FIlter for AMSATS?

Kenneth Finnegan kennethfinnegan2007 at gmail.com
Sat Feb 25 14:18:39 EST 2017

On Sat, Feb 25, 2017 at 10:31 AM, Pete Loveall AE5PL Lists <
hamlists at ametx.com> wrote:

> So it appears that you are in agreement that if an IGate is put into
> "SatGate mode", it should be receive-only and -not- pass only packets heard
> directly (not digi'ed) that contain a path.

No, I'm not in agreement with that at all. Your compromise is less broken
than dropping all packets without a consumed hop, but I'm still not sold on
the value.

I'm asking why, when the boat is incidentally right next to a 145.825MHz
I-gate, we don't get to see its packets unless there happens to be a
satellite overhead. If the answer is just because traffic on the OSCAR
subband has to always have a satellite involved, then I'm just amazed we've
come up with another rule like the 300 baud limit on HF that limits the
flexibility of our license and I'll drop the issue.

--
Kenneth Finnegan, W6KWF
http://blog.thelifeofkenneth.com/