[aprssig] Standardized format of WX data in APRS?

Miroslav Skoric skoric at uns.ac.rs
Sun Feb 12 12:15:32 EST 2017

Hello there,

As a beginner in this field, I wonder if there is just a single
'standard' in data formats of weather stations used in APRS, or there
are more standard formats. Any document about? I ask that because some
meteorology equipment producers asked me about the way the weather data
would be read in APRS. And I did not know anything about. In addition, I
noticed differences in how WX stations present their data: Some show
only the temperature reading (it is usually close to their callsign on
the map), while some other stations give more weather details. Is that
related to the WX equipment (the number & quality of sensors), or the
'translation' of data from the sensors, or it is related to the WX
station operator's software? Tnx.

Misko YT7MPB